Monday 30 April 2012

Ancillary Text


For my ancillary texts I have created a poster for my trailer and the front cover of a film magazine. It took me a long time to come to a final decision about my film poster, originally I wanted the World Trade Centre at the foreground of the poster with the couple in the middle of the towers, but I felt that this obscured the image and despite informing audiences that the film was regarding 9/11, but I felt that the image of the twin towers took away the real message of the film; which is a couple torn apart by an event that shocked the world and how two people come to terms with their new lives. 


With my magazine cover I looked at a series of different 'EMPIRE' magazine covers and took sections of them and incorporated it into my own magazine cover, I noticed that use one bright colour and the rest of the colour is muted therefore I decided to use blue as it stood out. A lot of the information is in capitals this is used to attract audiences which is aided through the use of a bright colour which I have used in my magazine cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment